Pages

Our Homecoming!!!!

Before we get to the good part today I need to share about how our day started. I called the NICU about 4am this morning just to check on our babies (as we often do). The nurse starts telling me how Quinn has not been doing so great, he is dropping his oxygen while he is eating. She tells me that he may not be able to go home, that she has shared this with the nurse practitioner and they are going to pass it on to the Dr. in the morning. She says it may be reflux but they will have to see what the Dr. wants to do.
My heart just drops at this news and I really can't believe this is happening now, hours before we should be going to the hospital to take them home. Geoff and I prayed and gave the situation to the Lord before trying to go back to sleep. Our sleep was restless, continuing to talk with our Heavenly Father about our little boy the rest of the night. When Geoff was leaving for work for a few hours before he was to meet me at the hospital I told him that I was just claiming that we were going to bring both our babies home today, until we knew any different.

As I was getting ready for the day the phone rings, and it's the hospital. Our nurse, Nancy, is on the phone and tells me that Quinn has done the same thing for her this morning. However, she can tell that it's just because he is so excited about eating that he forgets to breath sometimes. She said she shared this with the Dr. and that as long as we are ok with it they are planning to send them both home! She said she will show me what to look for so we can just take the bottle out of his mouth to remind him to breath. No problem, we can do that!

The ending of this story is a very happy one! We are all at home...it is the best feeling...words won't suffice. I really feel like the most blessed mom in the entire world! Thank you for helping us get to this moment with all of your prayers! Enjoy the pictures of our Homecoming!

Getting them into their coming home outfits!
All cute and ready to go!!!
Valet service wheeling our babies in their crib to the front door. It was quite a scene! Geoff had to block the passersby.
Getting Riley in the car...
Getting Quinn out at home...
Family photo. Notice the kids are finally wireless!!!
Finally resting at home.
A very good friend and guest blogger, Emily, came to spend the day with us and help us welcome Quinn and Riley home. Her own son was in the NICU about a year ago, he's a little miracle as the doctors didn't expect him to live, and he just celebrated his 1 year birthday! Thank you Emily for all the blogging you have done, prayers said, support getting through the NICU, and being a wonderful and true friend!

btemplates

11 comments:

Stephanie said...

Praise the Lord. I will continue to pray for you and your sweet family as you begin down the path of parenting. There is nothing better.

Stephanie Babetz
(my daughter was Cohen's roomy in the NICU)

Brightfish said...

Woo-hoo!!! So glad to see you all home and so happy and healthy! Can't wait to meet the babies!

The Boozers said...

So glad to hear this great news!! I prayed all day yesterday for you all! Happy HOMECOMING!!

Ashley Beth said...

We are so happy for you guys! This is an answer to prayer! We will continue to pray for all the adjustments.

Drew, Amber and Anna Kate said...

Congratulations!! I know ya'll are so glad to have your babies at home!! They are precious! Brenna you look great!

KEVA said...

Congrats Brenna! We are so happy for you guys that the whole fam is at home.

Laurie in Ca. said...

This is just wonderful news!! What a great day for you to have your babies at home with you. I am praying for you as you start your new journey taking care of these sweeties. How sweet to see Emily there with you. She is a sweetheart.

Love and Hugs, Laurie

Kelley said...

Yeah! Congrats Brenna! Emily has been keeping me updated, but this is the first time I have been on the blog. I am so happy they came home together this weekend. God is good! The babies are beautiful. COngrats again, Kelley Haff

Kelley C said...

They are so sweet and they look like they just belong at your house! I can't wait to come see them and hold them!! How fun!

Heather said...

Praise the LORD!!
How precious are those babies!!

Jennifer Hethcox said...

Brenna,
I'm so glad to see that you and babies are doing well at home. The class has been keeping up with the progress and I'll be so happy to share the new pictures with the kids tomorrow after their tests. They ask about you everyday! We miss you and wish you all the best.
Jennifer