Pages

One Month

One month picture taken with puppy to watch them grow.
Grammy's (Geoff's mom) been taking good care of us this week!

Riley and Quinn are one month old today! They also happen to be 4 weeks old today as well. We went to the doctor for a weight check on Tue. and Riley weighs 4lbs. 4oz. and Quinn weighs 7lbs. 1oz! They are both growing great and we now go back for a weight check in 2 more weeks.

We also went and got some pictures taken today! The photographer, Shannon Osborne, has a studio at her house and was so wonderful and patient to get pictures of 2 babies! We had fun and can't wait to see the pictures!

Riley and Quinn,

How the last 4 weeks seem to have gone by so quickly in many ways, and in other ways it seems like more than 1 month since you made your entrance into the world. My state of being tired seems to be longer than a month, and yet you grow and change so quickly that the month seems to have flown by. Of course, the first 2 weeks of that month you were in the hospital and we traveled there daily to see you and spend time with you. I want to cherish these moments with you and bottle them up to revisit when you are grown. I know time will fly by and so tonight I want to write about some of the moments with you I have loved.

I loved when I got to hold you each for the first time. Riley, you were 1 day old and you were so alert and just kept looking up at me recognizing my voice as I talked to you. You were tiny and adorable and just melted my heart. Quinn, you were 4 days old, and except for right after you were born, we had not seen your face without the CPAP on your head, Also, since you had jaundice you were wearing shades to protect your eyes from the billilight. On the day I was to be discharged from the hospital without you both the nurses freed you from the CPAP so that I could hold you. You just kept looking around, and like your sister, seemed to know my voice. You did so well off the CPAP that they kept you off and you continued to do well. It was so hard to leave you both that night, but finally getting to hold you Quinn made it a little easier.

Riley, you love to be active and like being held, but you want to be able to look out and see what's going on around you. Quinn, you love to be held and will just melt into the arms. You are much more laid back than your sister; she's fiesty and likes to exercise her vocal cords! Often I find her crying while you are laying beside her wide awake and just looking around with an expression like "I don't know what she's all worked up about." I often tell you that it's your job to help comfort your sister and somehow I know that in the years to come you will do just that.

Riley, you make the cutest little sounds, like squeaks and squeals, I sometimes call you "my mouse." I'm starting to recognize your individual cries and sometimes you are so cute when you cry that I can't help but smile. You are sleeping together and are adorable the way that you position your hands and arms and just seem to cuddle together.

How your dad and I love you both. We waited and prayed for you for so long and are amazed at the miracle of you each. You fill our hearts and we love being your parents already. We pray for you daily and also pray that we will be the parents the Lord wants us to be for you both. We are so thankful that He allowed us to have you as our children! You are definitely worth the wait!
We love you so very much,
Mom and Dad

btemplates

5 comments:

Brightfish said...

Don't you just love Shannon?! We think she is wonderful! How did you find her?

I can't stand it anymore...I have to come hold those babies! I'll be on Spring break the week before Easter. Please let me know what day I can come for a visit. Linda may come with me.

Love,
Sunny

Jessica said...

Can't wait to see the pics that Shannon took of your little ones!!! Happy 1 month!

The Traynums said...

Happy 1 month! Can't wait to meet your precious children!

Unknown said...

You babies are just delicious! I love you!
Nana

Stephen and Tara said...

Brenna and Geoff I am so happy for you! Congratulations on your precious little ones!