Pages

Monday's Prayer Request

It's Brenna...We will add some more pictures soon, I promise. Last night was a hard night, Quinn was having some apnea and bradycardia (where he stops breathing and his heart rate drops) and he was having a hard time bringing himself back from it. He had two spells while we were with him and it was just so hard to watch. He was also crying some and fussy and it is just so hard because all I want to do is pick him up and hold him close and comfort him and I can't do that yet. Riley was also having some of the extra heartbeats pretty close together and so they were going to keep and eye on her and see what was going on. They did put Quinn on some caffeine last night to help his Bradycardia and it does seem to be helping some this morning. Their jaundice both seems a little better this morning which is a praise. They are getting wonderful care as well and we are so thankful for all the doctors and nurses that are taking care of them.

For today, please pray specifically for us both as we have to leave the hospital and go home. My heart will not be whole again until Quinn and Riley are with us at home. I have absolutely no idea how I am supposed to actually walk out of here today...Somehow I know that the Lord will see me through. It will be one of those "footprints in the sand" days when the Lord will have to carry me but I know that He will, He has never failed me yet...

btemplates

6 comments:

Becky Cain said...

Geoff and Brenna~
You both will be in John and my prayers as you have to leave your sweet Quinn and Riley behind today. Thanks to God that you have gotten to know the awesome doctors and nurses, and feel confident that they are in good hands! I will pray that they will continue to do well, and be able to come home with mommy and daddy soon.

Chris and Emily said...

praying for you and both sweet babies...hang in there!!1

Carrie said...

Hi...We've never met(I linked here through a friend, through a friend)but our stories are so very much alike. I have 15mo b/g twins born @33wks. Our girl was 2lb11oz and boy was 4lb15oz...she was strong as could be, breathing on her own and he was on cpap. Both came home after 25 days and have been thriving since then! I know these days are difficult and today will probably be one of the hardest days of your life, leaving your precious little ones. Tomorrow will be better..and each day after that as you establish a visiting routine gets a little better. Lean on God and those precious nurses/doctors (the bond you have with them will always be a special one...we love our "NICU mommies!")Focus on getting Q&R home and it will be here sooner than you think (of course it still won't be soon enough!). Praying for all of you! Your life has been doubly blessed...Congratulations!!
-Carrie
http://www.theharrisons.blogspot.com/

The Boozers said...

Praying lots for you both today!! I know God will carry you today, as well as the back and forth times between the hospital and home.

The Barnes' said...

I've been there in that NICU, knowing there's nothing I can do... Hang in there, sweet Brenna. It's in those moments of absolutely knowing you have no control over things that God can take over and really help you understand He's got everything covered. (Of course, my NICU son is out driving right now so a little perspective -- and 16 years -- helps!) We're all praying for you both. We're praying for your strength and your ability to just take a deep breath, leave it all in God's hands, and walk out the door -- trusting in Him to keep those sweet babies covered by His hands.

vadaep said...

Hey remember me? Vada Phillips from you second and third grade class. I am in sixth grade at Crossroads Middle School and I am doing really well there. Congrats on your babies!!!! I really miss you! Your babies are beautiful I hope they get to go home very very soon. Goodluck with your children.

Love
Vada P. XOXOXOXO :)