Praises of the Day...
We are home, and as you can imagine it was hard leaving...Very Hard! My heart longs to have Riley and Quinn here with me and will continue to long for that day. It is amazing how you can love your children in ways that you never knew to love before. I am savoring the love I feel for them and allowing it to fill my heart. I want to share some truly wonderful moments and praises of the day that I am thanking the Lord for...

I got to hold my son!
That's right in my arms for the very first time today! The amazing nurses were working together to make sure that I got to experience Quinn in my arms before I had to leave today. It was amazing and wonderful in ways that this mother cannot describe! I got to see his eyes and face and beautiful head of hair! The nurses took him off the CPAP for me to hold him and he was doing so well that they decided to leave him off. He got his nose suctioned out really good (they got a lot out and said it probably contributed to his not breathing well) and are trying him on oxygen through a nasal cannula. It was amazing to see him with not so much on his face as we had to leave. Another praise, Riley's jaundice is improving so quickly she may be finished sun bathing under the billilight very soon! The Lord is so good and as I said before we know our children are in very good hands. I just can't wait to get there tomorrow to see them!
Here are some pictures for you to enjoy!
Finally we get to see Quinn without the CPAP!
Quinn on a nasal cannula and finally sucking his paci
Sweet Riley
Precious moments


5 comments:
Brenna, they are so beautiful! I admire you for the strength it took to leave the hospital. I imagine it was so hard. I can't wait to meet them! Meanwhile, until you are all settled, I'll be following here and praying for you all.
Love, Sunny
Thanks for the update! Your children are beautiful!!!!
Brenna & Geoff
Wanted to let you know that Jordan and I are praying for your sweet babies. What GREAT news to read this morning all the new praises you have had each day. God is so good! We love you and love your updates
I'm so glad that Quinn and Riley are doing so well!! They are absolutely beautiful and I know you can't wait to have them home with you. Thanks for the updates...looking forward to reading more!
I emailed you early on in your pregnancy because I, too, was pregnant with twins (one of which the doctors told me I would probably loose). I had a very similar situation with my twins' birth--my little girl stopped gaining weight and I had a csection at 35 weeks 5 days. She weighed 3lbs 3oz and my son was 5 lbs 5oz--they both spent 8 days in the hospital.
I know exactly how you feel about it all--having to leave your babies behind when you left the hospital, having 2 premature babies to care for, etc. Hang in there and remember that, in the long-term, this is just a short glimpse of time. The babies will be home before you know it and life will get back to normal!
Congratulations on the birth of your babies!
Post a Comment