Pages

Update and Prayer Requests

Quinn and Riley are both doing good today. Since they have been off the billilight they have started getting dressed, and they are both so cute in their premie clothes. Riley's are a little bigger on her than Quinn's but both cute!




The NICU is definitley a bit of a rollercoaster ride, our nurse today was not quite as good as most that we have had and there were some things about her that just made it a difficult day. (She told me to close Riley's door when I was visiting with my daughter, What?!?) Anyways, the Dr. noticed a lump on Quinn's head today (his head was a little misshapen from the CPAP so we didn't really pay attention to it). They are going to do an ultrasound to see what is going on. He is still having some apnea and bradycardia as well, not much but it happens every once in awhile. Also, Riley is having a hard time keeping her IV for very long without it deteriorating her vein and then they have to start a new one. Tonight she got stuck several times as they were trying to get one started. It is not fun for her, and maybe less fun for this mom to have to watch her endure. They briefly discussed a central line, but we are thankful that instead they are going to try up her feedings a little faster and get her off the IV in the next 3 or so days.
Specific Prayer Requests:

*That the Dr. would be able to figure out what the lump is on Quinn's head and it will be something we can deal with easily.

*Quinn to stop having the apnea and bradycardia.

*Praise: Quinn took a whole feed by bottle today, that he would keep this up and be able to increase his bottle feeds.

*Riley to have good veins over the next few days while she still has and IV.

*Riley to take her increased feeds well so that she can get off the IV.

*The doctors are talking about possibly transfering Quinn and Riley to the special care nursery at Lexington Medical Center sometime in the future. This would put them much closer to our house.

*Geoff and I to get some rest.

*That the Lord will bless our amazing family and friends who have been praying for us and helping us in so many wonderful ways. You are all greatly appreciated!

btemplates

5 comments:

Brandi said...

I'm enjoying reading all you have to share. Know that we are praying for you always. If you don't mind I would love to add your name to our prayer list at church. The power of prayer is such an awesome thing. Remember...God "will be by your side, whenever you fall, in the dead of night, whenever you call...." His hands are holding you.

Cherish each precious moment with Riley and Quinn!!!

The Dart Family said...

I keep checking in on you guys every day and I'm so glad to see the progress the babies are making! I totally know what you mean about not liking some of the nurses that take care of the babies--I hated it when shift-change came and we got a new nurse! It seemed like we had to plead our case all over again for wanting to do this or that with OUR babies!
I'm impressed that Quinn took an entire feed from his bottle--that's a huge step in the right direction! My two were able to come home once they could take all of their feeds by mouth for 48 hours straight, so he'll be there before you know it!

Chris and Emily said...

thanks for updating tonight. I know you guys are tired. So sorry for the ups and downs - I remember that being one of the hardest things with Cohen.
Praying for a great nurse tomorrow and that you'll get some quick answers for Quinn.
So excited Quinn took his whole bottle - what a big accomplishment!!!

Heather said...

WOW, a Full bottle way to go Quin...I am praying for you and your family...and for good nurses :o)

Unknown said...

They are so.....cute! We knew that they would be okay. I am so happy for you and your family. You guys are still in our prayers and I hope that you manage to get some rest while caring for Quinn and Riley.

The Hingleton Family