Seven Years Ago...
We were in Bermuda on our Honeymoon! I can definitely recommend Bermuda as a wonderful vacation destination, and I can't wait to go back. Maybe our 10 year anniversary...sounds good to me!
I'm a little late in posting about our 7 year anniversary that we celebrated on Monday, June 1st. I feel I have a good reason to be a little late, it's been a tiring week. Riley and Quinn had a couple of rough nights early in the week, Geoff went out of town yesterday (his mom came to help), and I have been at school today and am going back tomorrow for end of year celebrations (shout out to my 5th graders and their graduation today:)!
Anyways I have to say that I have an amazing husband that I am so very thankful to be married to. We started dating when I was just 15 and he was 16 so I feel like I have known him all my life! I love that, we have truly grown up together and we know each others stories. Another thing that I love is that we became really good friends before we started dating and even as we were dating we had this amazing friendship. He is truly my best friend and I love that I get to be married to my best friend!
Geoff is an amazing husband! He is supportive of me like you wouldn't believe! When we moved for him to attend law school, I decided I wanted to get my masters. It was a little crazy with him in school full time and working part time, I was working full time and in school part time. I probably didn't keep the house as clean as I should or cook dinner every night, but he was always in support of me following my dreams. When I was exhausted and didn't think I could finish my paper or project or whatever, he would encourage me with just the right words, or perhaps some ice cream that would give me the sugary high I needed to finish. Did I mention that he was always my editor on every single paper I wrote. In law school he worked on a law journal and became a great editor and so I employed him on all my papers. It was a lot of editing that he did for me over the years, and I made really good grades thanks to him! Oh, and speaking of clean houses, he always helps around the house! From cleaning the kitchen, to vacuuming, to having laundry folding parties, he is amazing! I should probably mention that he is actually the better cook as well. So often he actually cooks dinner for me, but don't worry if he cooks I always clean up, that is only fair! He knows how to speak my love language (acts of service, can you tell? My other one is quality time...). I love spending time with him, we can just run errands, or hang around the house and I am happy just being with him. In fact, if he tries to go somewhere (like to another room) I want to know where he is going, because I really love our time together!
I always knew that he would be a wonderful father. We had 2 nephews that we were around since they were born and he was always so good with them. He is an amazing daddy to Riley and Quinn. He loves to hold and cuddle them, helps with diaper changes, bath time, and anything else they need! I tell him how he's the key to Riley's happiness, girls need their daddies. He's already talking about special trips he wants to take her on and things he wants to do with them each individually! He misses them so much when he's gone and always can't wait to get back home to us all.
There are so many wonderful blessings that we have in our life together! However, we have had some trying times as well (living on a 1st year teacher's salary, dealing with our infertility, to name a few) and the best thing that has come of those times is that not only have we grown closer to our Lord and Savior but we've always grown closer to one another. I love that we have so many good times together, and yet even the tough times are good for us! When I think about our future I know that there are lots of wonderful things in store for us, I also know that because we live in a fallen world there will be more hard times to come. And you know what? All that really maters to me is that I get to go through all of that, the good and the bad, with my husband!
I love our life together!
Sorry there are no pictures to go with this post but I must go eat some dinner before my babies wake up and need me... :)


0 comments:
Post a Comment