Pages

What a Day!

So I woke up yesterday feeling nauseous as usual. I took my Zofran but an hour later I was throwing up. So I think to myself, "well the medicine is not working". I have felt very nauseous while on the medicine and decided I must have gotten "immune" to it. I got ready for work, very slowly, and threw up one more time before heading out the door. I got to work, threw up again. Decided today was a good day to tell my students (5th graders) that I am pregnant with twins. I figured if I had to run out of the classroom I didn't want them to worry. They were very excited about the news, immediately making lists of possible names for us! After throwing up 3 more times and a call to the doctor's office I headed home. The nurse said I was on all the medicine I could be and it would be best for me to lay down. Since I wasn't any good for my students (constantly running out of the room and having someone else come in) I agreeded and headed home. When I barely made it into the house and to the bathroom to throw up again I started to think, could this be more than morning sickness? Is it a virus? I talked with the doctor's office again in the afternoon, wanting to make sure I didn't get dehydrated. I think that throwing up 13 times in one day may be my personal record. I can't remember how many times I was sick back in December (when I ended up at the hospital on Christmas Eve) but I don't think it was quite that many. I am home from work today, very wiped out and recovering. I am feeling better and not totally sure what yesterday was, but if it was a virus I feel awful about exposing others. What a day yesterday was! I do not hope to repeat it anytime soon!

btemplates

1 comments:

Rachel said...

yuck yuck yuck! I am so sorry! Please let me know if I can do anything for you! Not sure if you'll be at bible study due to the sickness, but hopefully we'll get to see you!