I have the cold funk that's going around. It's no fun, especially since I can't take the good meds! But I'm happy for the reason to not take the good meds! We went to the doctor today and had a 12 week ultrasound. It's amazing how Satan really wants to get inside our heads. I was very anxious this morning, anxious something would be wrong. Do these thoughts ever go away? I just kept talking to the Lord and asked Him to guard my mind and thoughts while clinging to the knowledge that He is in control. The Lord is definitely seeking to teach me that I am not in control, that He has a plan and no matter what that plan holds He will walk the road with me. I went to the doctor with a peace, and Geoff and I even had the chance to pray together before the ultrasound started.
Our babies are both doing great! We had seen their heartbeats in previous ultrasounds but this was the first time we got to hear the heartbeats! It was so amazing and I definitely cried. That's not saying too much since I seem to cry at anything these days. I always cried easily, now it takes nothing for me to be streaming tears. This was a very happy cry today! We got them on DVD but for now, here is the pictures!
Here's peanut #1, heartbeat was 167.
Here's peanut #2, heartbeat 162.
Here they are together! The ultrasound tech said that peanut #2 having a slightly smaller sac did not look concerning. She said there was plenty of fluid in there! Praise the Lord!
Thank you for all the prayers! We continue to need them and appreciate them. This verse has been an encouragement to me. It reminds me that when I am weak like I was this morning, the Lord will be my strength and His strength will see me through.
My flesh and my heart my fail, but God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever.
Psalm 73:26
What verses encourage your heart? I would love to hear them!
The Dalmatian
5 months ago


3 comments:
Those are great pictures! I'm glad the babies are doing well.
I still deal with anxious thoughts- mostly at night. I'll wake up thinking I've heard something over the monitor. So the verse that helps me the most is Ps 4:8 "In peace I will lie down and sleep, for you alone, O Lord, will keep me safe."
Hi! You dont know me (I found your blog as a link on a friend on mine's blog), but I wanted to share my story with you because it's similar to yours.
I, too, went through fertility treatments to conceive our second child (we did follistim and IUI). I found out early that it was twins, but my fertility doctor only gave baby #2 a 50/50 chance because it was in a much smaller sac than baby #1.
Every single appointment and ultrasound we expected to find only 1 baby left in my uterus, so I understand your feelings of insecurity with each appointment!
But, I'm thrilled to report that I am still pregnant with TWINS at 24 weeks--a boy and a girl. It's our little girl that the doctor said wouldnt make it. Everything is perfect with both babies!
Hi. You don't know me either but I found your blog through Kelley's blog and I have enjoyed checking back every once in a while and following your journey. I am a new mom to twins. A boy and a girl who are 7 months old now. They are truly an undeserved gift from God. I did not go through the many years of trying that you had to go through but I still was worried at EVERY ultrasound. I had to give it all to God every single time. It was hard. God continually brought verse after verse from Phillippians 4 to mind. When I was decorating the twins nursery before they were born I decided that I wanted to line the walls with those verses. I printed out the 5 verses from chapter 4 that spoke most to me (although God used the whole chapter to speak to me throughout my pregnancy) and had them framed and hung around the room. Before my babies were born and now everytime I walk in the room I am reminded of God's promises. Unfortunately I can't say that the worrying ended when we brought the babies home. Even after 7 months I still get up a few times a night to check on them but God continues to remind me of His truths and I continually have to give it to him. There is always something to be fearful of at every stage in our lives. It just confirms how much we need Him and can't go through anything without Him. I pray that God will give you the strength and peace to see you through this amazing pregnancy. He has not left you or forsaken you. He is knitting those babies together in your womb as I write this. How amazing. I pray that Philippians 4 will encourage you and strengthen you as it has me. Have a great day. Kristin
Post a Comment