Pages

Two Years

Happy Birthday Quinn and Riley!
I can't believe my babies are two years old today!  How time really does fly!  I wanted to look back at where we were two years ago, with babies born at 34 weeks, healthy but in the NICU to grow and get stronger.  What a blessing these last two year have been.

Here they are in their first picture together!

Getting to hold my tiny baby girl for the 1st time!

Can you believe this was Quinn?  Has has put on about 30 lbs in the 2 years since that day!

Holding my two babies for the first time!

Love their size difference :)  Not much has changed!

Precious baby girl!

Sweet baby boy!

Here they are about 6 months :)

Love the happiness!

1 year old!

A year and a half and two cute little patients!
Can I just say getting tubes has changed their lives, no more ear infections and weekly trips to the doctor:)

Here is the recent pictures from the past few weeks.  We celebrated Valentine's with them on the 13th because daddy had to be out of town on the 14th.  The loved getting cards, candy, bubble guns, and a big ball!

Quinn and his card.

Riley loved her card, they kept calling them books, and wanting to read them again:)

Eating M&M's! Yum!

They both so love their M&M's!

Quinn had been eyeing this big ball every time we were at the store. 
He would point and say "ball, ball" so he was very excited to get it!

Playing with their ball while daddy is making bubbles with the new guns!

Riley also got her toenails painted for the 1st time on Valentine's.
I painted my toes and hers at the same time.  She just loves them and wants to show everyone her toes!
Last night she said to Grammie and Pop's dog "Heidi, toes" as she put her foot out for the dog to see:)

Sweet girl! (Unless she's throwing a tantrum, but we'll save those pictures for another day!)

This is so funny.  I found that Riley had passed her bowl of applesauce to her brother and he was trying to feed her from another chair, and was too far away.  I offered to help her and she said "No, brother!" So I had Quinn come stand next to her and he fed her the applesauce!  These are some of the adorable things that twins come up with :)

Playing at Jace's house!
He comes to our house a few days a week so the kids loved going to see Jace at his house!

She was loving this ride and smiled and giggled the whole time!

Quinn thought it was pretty cool too!

Looking like such a big girl!

My little man!

Riley loves her Aunt Jana, and those two fingers!

Evan, my sister's youngest, turned 2 last weekend!
Happy Birthday Evan!

They loved jumping on the trampoline with daddy!

This past week I found them doing this. Quinn would push Riley up over the arm of the chair...

Then he would pull himself up and they would sit together.  For just a second as they would get down, go around and do it all over again!

Eventually they tried to reverse things, I'm not sure she was helping him much!

Making a mess!

I can tell they are growing up in lots of ways.  One of them is that they have been a little more adventuresome and willing to "leave" mommy to go play.  One day they went up the stairs and closed themselves in the nursery.  The room is safe so I just let them be for about 20 minutes.  They weren't making much noise so I got curious and went to see what they were up too.  They had gotten almost everything out of the dresser and had it all over the floor!  It was really pretty adorable and we all worked together to clean up the mess!

I can also tell they are growing up because we are dealing with more and more behaviors!  You know the not so pleasant ones, that's when having twins is hard for sure!  However, the joy they bring far outweighs the difficulties!  I am so excited to celebrate my precious children turning 2 today and praising the Lord for the gift of being their mommy!

Oh and if you ask them how old they are, they will tell you "two"!  But don't ask them to show you with their fingers because we don't quite have that down yet :)

I am posting this at 7:19 am, the time that Quinn was born 2 years ago, Riley was just after him at 7:20!

btemplates

3 comments:

Ashley Beth said...

Happy Birthday Quinn and Riley! I hope you have had a wonderful day.

Tim O'Keefe said...

Happy birthday to you all. Wow, it is hard to imagine how fast these two years have gone by. You are all so blessed. Know that you are missed at CFI and that you had a lasting impact in the short time you were there.

Erika said...

Aww Happy Belated to Quinn and Riley! I loved looking at the old pictures of them. They are such beautiful little ones! I love the couch story, w/ them trying to help eachother up on it. I definitley look forward to my own twin moments to share as my babies get bigger too! Their 1st birthday is in less than 2 weeks, it has flown by for me!