Pages

8 years and 15 Months

8 years ago Geoff and I were married, and our family was started!  What a wonderful 8 years it has been being married to my best friend.  We have been through some difficult times and some amazing times and I wouldn't want to do it with anyone else.  I am so thankful that the Lord brought us together and is allowing us to walk this life together!
Quinn and Riley turned 15 months last Wed.  They are growing up so quickly!  We celebrated our anniversary by going to Charleston this past weekend, it was my first time away from the kids.  Geoff's parents came to stay with Quinn and Riley!  They were loved on and had lots of fun with Grammy and Pop, and Geoff and I had a great time getting away together!  I cried a little on the way down on Fri. (that was also my last day nursing them) but we all had a great weekend and I'm so glad we went.  I think time away together is great for your marriage, and children thrive when mom and dad's marriage is good so it was a win-win for everyone.  We are so grateful to Grammy and Pop for taking such good care of Quinn and Riley...Thank YOU!
These 15 month olds are very busy children.  They play so hard and are so cute the way that they play with each other.  Today they both had some wash cloths and were wiping a chair together.  It looks like I will have some great helpers (dusters)! 
We had their 15 month appointment and Quinn was 31 1/2 inches tall and 25lbs 2oz,  Riley was 29 1/2 inches tall and 19lbs 13oz (almost 20lbs, and she can join her brother facing forward :) 

A few things about Quinn and Riley at 15 months:
Quinn is in size 4 diapers and Riley size 3. Quinn is in mostly 18 month clothes and Riley is in 12 month, with some 9 month. Riley just got in her 16th tooth and Quinn has14 teeth, but his 15th and 16th should be cutting through any day. They still take 2 naps a day (about 10am and 2:30pm) and go to bed about 7:30pm.

They are both "talking" and will carry on conversations with each other, so cute! Riley's been trying out some new words (lion and apple) and has a lot of words she commonly uses. Quinn is starting to try out some more words. He recently said "Amen" "thank you" and "bye bye".

  They are back to being pretty good eaters, are even willing to try some new things if Geoff and I are eating it.  They like to eat off our plates so that's how we usually introduce new foods.  They do not have a peanut allergy...and love peanut butter! 
 
They have decided that they really don't like bath time right now! They don't mind water, played in the pool over the weekend and even put their faces in the water. I don't know what it is right now but they just cry all the way through bath time. So they get cleaned very quickly and get out. They do love that after baths they get to walk around in the buff for awhile before they get on diapers and pj's.


Eating a popsicle for the 1st time.  I cut it into chunks and put it on their trays.  Riley is reacting to the cold!

They love looking out windows!

I was doing laundry and Quinn can spot his frog lovey anywhere!

Riley likes playing with hats, this is her brothers.  She won't wear them long but she keeps wanting you to put it back on her.

Needs no explanation...

Quinn is so proud that he can walk up and down the driveway, without falling!

She was loving that football!

I love this picture, such a sweet bond between a daddy and his daughter.

Quinn can also spot a stick anywhere :)

Riley is practicing her walking!

They love their Aunt Cricket!

Riley in Aunt Cricket's sunglasses :)

Quinn cracks us up doing the funniest things, here he decided to make the box his seat. And he sat and read his book that way!

Walking around at Nana and Papa's house!

Riley at 15 months!

Quinn at 15 months!

Quinn and Riley,
I love you and love watching you grow!  I am so proud to be your mother and love that I get to spend my days with you.  My life is so much richer because of you both and I am thankful everyday for you!  Thank you for your smiles, cuddles, and daily antics that make me laugh.  You are adorable and so precious to me!
Love, Mommy

btemplates

3 comments:

Premier Pest Solutions said...

Wait till you find sticks and rocks in Quinns bedroom. Then you have to start the no rocks and sticks in the house rule! It's a boy thing! Ha ha!

Natalie and Jonathan said...

Happy Anniversary! I thought about you guys yesterday! I loved looking at all the pictures! They are getting so big! They are beautiful. I am ready to make a play date in Columbia! We need to plan a day soon so we can drive down!

Ashley Beth said...

Wow! Quinn has really grown and Riley really has too! We still keep Caroline reversed. Our doctor suggested we do it as long as she tolerates and she doesn't seem to really care. I was sad though when she suggested it because I wanted to see her face!