First Sick Doctor Visit
Quinn seemed to be getting a little worse last night, he wouldn't nurse before bed and was grabbing at his ear a little. Then he woke up just crying and crying and took a long time to calm down. I gave him some Motrin, called my neighbor for reinforcements, (since Geoff was gone for the Clemson game) and we got through the night. Kinda...Riley woke about 5 am and was pretty inconsolable herself, I finally got her back to sleep about 6:45 but I was up for the day. I started calling the doctor's office at 8 am when they opened and had to keep calling back because it was busy. At 8:15 I talked to the nurse and decided to bring them both in. My neighbor "Aunt Cricket" came over to help me take them (since Geoff was still gone) and we spent our Sunday morning at the doc's office. Two ear infections later, each in the right ear (the Dr. said "it's genetic") some antibiotics and ear numbing drops and we are on the road to recovery!
It's pretty good that they made it to 8 months before they really got sick, and I know that it had to happen sometime, but I just don't like seeing them hurting. At the same time it made me feel good that I did know my kids and that this crying was definitely "out of the ordinary." I think as a new mom you can wonder "am I overreacting?" so this helped me to trust myself a little more. A big thanks to Aunt Cricket for coming to help me with two sick babies until daddy got back into town. Everyone needs a neighbor like this! Here they are on their sick day with Aunt Cricket giving them lots of cuddles! Thank you Aunt Cricket!


1 comments:
Oh Brenna! Praying for rest and strength for you right now so you can care for them!! And praying for quick recoveries!
Post a Comment