Pages

Six Months

I really can't believe Quinn and Riley are 6 months old today. That's half a year old and seems like such a big milestone. It seems like just yesterday that they were born and we were going to see them everyday in the NICU. We've come so far and it seems they grow up a little more every day. Time is flying by and as exciting as it is to see them reach each new stage I kinda want to freeze some days and make them last just a little longer.

Quinn, You have this exuberant personallity and when you smile you smile with your whole face! You are such a happy little boy and you have the cutest laugh. Daddy is really good at making you laugh, but when you want to be held and cuddled you reach for mommy. You love to explore new things. The exersaucer and jumper have both been so fun for you to experience. You also love being outside. If you are upset we just go sit on the front porch and you calm right down. You love to talk and seem to have something to say all the time. Sometimes when you are nursing at the same time as Riley you two will reach out and hold each others hands while you eat. It is so cute and sweet. You just started cereal and have quickly gotten the hang of it, however, in between bites you like to suck your thumb and it makes quite a mess! I think you may be getting some more teeth, I can't see them yet but you have not been napping as well lately and you've been a little fussier than usual too. You are my sweet baby boy, mama's boy, and I love you with all my heart!


Riley, Your dad and I have talked recently about how some of your issues (reflux, torticollis, sleep problems) that caused you pain have really been better lately and we feel like we are getting to see the "real" you. You have such a sweet personality and are so content these days (unless you are tired and then you just want to go to bed). You still love to have those 2 fingers in your mouth, it seems that is your happy place. Often when you smile you smile kinda behind your fingers and it is so cute. You don't talk as much as your brother, but when you do you have the sweetest, softest little voice. You recently have started rolling yourself on your side to sleep and you seem to sleep much better that way. I think you will be a side sleeper like your mommy. You also have decided you won't take a bottle anymore. Four different people have tried to give you one and you have refused them all. Are you going to be a bit stubborn? I guess it's good you need me to feed you because besides for food, you are daddy's girl all the way. You will sit content in his arms more than anyone else and when daddy's in the room your eyes follow him. You haven't liked the cereal as much as your brother but you are learning. You are my sweet baby girl, my best friend, and I love you with all my heart!

Quinn's first time in the exersaucer!
Riley rolling on her side! When she doesn't have her fingers in her mouth, it's her clothes!
Quinn hanging out with his cousins.
Happy girl! Can you guess whose lap she is in?!?
Content little girl.
They love hanging out with daddy when he get's home from work!
My sweet babies!
Family picture, Haley included!
Love her!
Isn't that a cute face?!?

Riley's first time eating cereal. She kept spitting it out and making funny faces.

Quinn's first time eating cereal.

Messy face girl :)

I feed Quinn a few bites and then Riley a few bites. While Quinn is waiting he likes to suck his thumb. Too cute!

Here they are at 6 months! Getting so big!

They are getting ready for football season and cheering on the Tigers! Go Clemson!

See those 2 bottom teeth coming in even more.

Cutie pie!

Sweet brother and sister! Happy 6 months my adorable babies! I love you both more and more every day and look forward to each new day with you!

btemplates

9 comments:

The Traynums said...

ADORABLE!!!

allidaisy said...

i just don't think they could get any cuter! love them!!!!

Unknown said...

I love your post, and the pictures....WOW! They have changed so much in the last 3 weeks. I can't wait to see them. Mom

The Thalinger Clan said...

Brenna!~ They are absolutely precious! I love reading your blog and looking at your adorable pictures!

Chris and Emily said...

i can't believe it's been 6 months!! I was just cleaning through some stuff and found a notebook I used to take notes on when you would call from the NICU so I could update your blog. Wow - how good is our God?
Love you, love them.

Kelley C said...

That last picture is precious. You are so blessed.

Ashley Beth said...

Almost every picture of Riley she has those 2 fingers - so cute! They are precious!

Jessica said...

They have such wonderful smiles! Happy Half-Birthday, Babies!

The Addison Onion said...

brenna- the pic of them in their clemson outfits made me smile so big. seems like we were just living in good ol' 3B5, but now you have these precious little ones. so happy for you and geoff!