Pages

I Just Love Them!

It's been awhile since I've had time to post. That's just life right now but I love it. Yesterday I took Riley and Quinn to Walmart for the first time. We had a grand time, Quinn took a little nap in the baby bjourn carrier and Riley road along in her carrier in the buggy. I don't go out much by myself with them, not if I don't have to. But we did enjoy getting out of the house and seeing the sites.

On Monday we had our first ALMOST mishap. Riley ALMOST fell off the bed. I was getting ready to feed them and I set Riley next to me (I was on my bed) and was getting Quinn and the next thing I knew Riley was falling off the bed. I dove after her and with some amazing reflexes managed to kinda trap her against the side of the mattress with my one hand and then get her with my other hand. When we went to sit back, I ALMOST sat on Quinn. He had fallen down under me as I jumped after Riley. No one was actually hurt but we were all a little startled (my adrenaline was running) and it was a day of ALMOST. (Until Riley actually got hurt later that day when my ring scratched her.)

We haven't gone anywhere lately but we have been busy. I actually had 3 babies today when I kept a little boy that is just 10 days older than Quinn and Riley! We had a really good day and everyone got fed and taken care of (except I didn't get a shower until 7:30 tonight).

We recently had a little photo shoot of our own. Riley loves doing these leg lifts, and will even do them in her sleep. It's so cute!
Quinn's just chillin'

Two heads are better than one!

Sometimes we like to hold hands, so cute!


Other times, not so much hand holding as knocking each other around. In Riley's defense Quinn has tried to put her hand in his mouth before so maybe she's just letting him know not to mess with her.
And sometimes they are done with the photo shoot before mommy is. Isn't this just the cutest crying little boy you've ever seen?!?

Since you got to see him crying, here's a happy face!

Sister's and their boys.
Nana came to visit last week and I got to go to my first twins club meeting! It was great and so much fun to meet so many other mothers of twins.

Quinn's two bottom teeth! I hope they don't all hurt that much!

Riley has started enjoying toys more lately. As long as she can get it in her mouth.
Look at those long eyelashes!

We got our new side-by-side stroller and tried it out going to the pool! A lady at the pool thought we had triplets! LOL!

Family fun at the pool!
Riley can most often be found with her fingers in her mouth. Anytime, anywhere, even in her sleep!

Quinn loves this little froggy and is so cute with it. Don't worry I go in and move it so it's not in his face.

This toy has neat textures and he just loves getting his tongue on it.

Happy girl. Sitting up much better too. Physical therapy is going great! Riley even rolled from her tummy to her back for the first time today! (That's just how much she hates tummy time, she'll do anything, even roll over, to get out of it :)

Such sweet siblings. Notice Riley has a toy but it's her fingers she loves!

It's almost time for school to start back and it's a little strange for me to not be heading back, getting my classroom ready, anticipating new students and a new year. In fact, it was really odd to be at Walmart with all the school supplies out and not shopping for what I need for my classroom. However, I am so in love with these two and I absolutely could not imagine leaving them every day! I feel so very blessed to get to be their mommy and am in awe of the fact the the Lord has entrusted them to me. They light up my days (nights too) and bring me so much joy. I am so thankful that they are the reason I am not heading back to school this year. I'm sure we'll find some things to learn together this year (isn't that the best, watching a baby/child learn something new)! I see lots of "field trips" in our future this year... can't wait!

btemplates

3 comments:

Ashley Beth said...

I'm sure you were terrified with your almosts the other day. It's really funny to hear after the fact. I'm glad no one got hurt. I can't imagine taking 2 babies out of the house! One is hard enough! The pics are adorable!

Horton's Heroes said...

Brenna,

I just love looking at pictures of your precious babies! They are so happy and truly blessed to have you and Geoff as parents! Take care!

~Sarah

Natalie and Jonathan said...

I love all the new pictures! The one of Quinn crying is pitiful!! Sweet babies! I can't believe how big they are getting and how quickly they grow! When our 4 babies get a little bigger we would love to take some of those "field trips" with you!!

Love you and miss you! Talk to you soon!!