Pages

Blessings

I just have the best husband! I love my birthday post and all the old photos he dug up! I have had such a wonderful 28th Birthday. It started with me getting to sleep through the night because my mother-in-law fed my babies in the middle of the night! That was the best gift to a new mom...the gift of sleep! My sweet children gave me a beautiful card, apparently they told dad which one to get, and my amazing husband brought me home a yummy sweet treat! Does he know me or what...I don't need flowers, just something sweet to eat! Also, my wonderful students called me and sang "Happy Birthday" to me. I wasn't able to get to the phone (feeding babies), but they sang on my machine and I can now listen to the message as much as I want :) I also got to spend some time with a precious friend and her darling children today! It was a great birthday!

I was thinking about this time last year...we had just found out that our first round of in vitro was unsuccessful. I was very sad and had no desire to celebrate a birthday. I continued to trust the Lord and that this was His will, but we can be sad about His plan for us and still be at peace with that plan. That was where I was...sad and at peace. I also wondered if I would ever be a mother. I didn't know if it was something the Lord would allow me to experience, I prayed it was but had no way of knowing...no way of knowing the amazing blessing of Riley and Quinn would soon be on their way. Isn't that just how the Lord works. He knows what is just around the corner, but asks us to trust Him with the future we can't see. So this year I am celebrating...
Celebrating my sweet children, the best gifts I've ever been given!
Celebrating my wonderful husband and how amazing it has been to see him as a father!
Celebrating my Savior and His plan for my life and the sweet peace found in trusting Him!
Celebrating motherhood, and the fulfilment of a dream!

btemplates

0 comments: