Pages

Quinn's First Haircut

I am way behind on blogging, we have been very busy and then had lots of sickness so I have good reason to be behind!  I'm going to do my best to catch up but this may take some time!

Quinn got his first haircut on Wednesday July 28th.  I was not ready for this but Geoff kept "threatening" to give him a haircut himself.  His curls were also not so curly anymore because his hair had gotten so long, so I made myself and him an appointment at the same time with the lady who has been cutting my hair for a few years now.  I even stopped to get suckers, I heard having your first sucker was a good way to keep a child still and content while they also get their first haircut.  So we get Quinn in my lap after watching me get my haircut and he starts getting his haircut....

He sat so still and did not want a thing to do with that sucker, didn't even take one lick!

Oddly enough I continue to hold the sucker in front of him, the whole time!

He was just so still and serious, and I just keep holding the sucker.

Riley was kept happy watching her brother and going to town on her sucker!

And when she got out the clipper to trim, he just sat still!  Which all the ladies that had gathered around remarked that that never happens.  They couldn't believe how still he was sitting!

And the haircut being complete, he finally started eyeing that sucker, and enjoyed it all the way home!

And I cried a little, and have my baby boy's hair in an envelope to keep, and look at him and see that he is no longer a baby but a toddler, and want to cry some more.  And I tell him that no matter what he will always be my baby!

Oh and by the way, I am so behind that he almost needs another haircut again!  Ha!

btemplates

1 comments:

Rachel said...

I just found my first haircut envelope at my parent's house recently! I can't believe how well he did! Go Quinn!