Pages

Christmas Fun & 10 Months Old

Is it 2010 already? Happy New Year! Well, I guess it's not a good thing that I'm starting the new year behind in my blog updates but I'll try to do better. Getting our new computer (thank you Santa) later this week will definitely help! Here's some of our Christmas Fun and 10 month pictures!



I got them these matching hats before Riley started wearing her helmet. With her helmet on Riley doesn't wear hers much but Quinn does. We took her helmet off for this fun...


She just loves her brother. She is always watching him and reaching out to him. It's so cute!


Haley had to jump in the picture. Daddy with his children (all 3 of them).

It was so nice of Santa to come to us on Christmas Eve! These kids must have been super good this year for this kind of a visit!

All the cousins with Santa. Notice Quinn falling apart! In his defense we did wake him up from his nap for this. He was not at all pleased!


Geoff and I always take a picture in front of our tree. I'm so glad that we can do this as a family!

Both of our families came to us this year. My family came on Christmas Eve and Geoff's family came on Christmas day! It was lots of fun to host and Quinn and Riley loved staying home and playing with all their new toys! The kids got these new pj's on Christmas Eve (a tradition we are starting) and I just love them.

Portions of our house now look like an aisle out of Toys R Us!


I just thought this was so cute. They are on one of the riding toys they got for Christmas.


We were having some friends over after Christmas and the kids just wanted to be held while we were trying to get ready. So Riley got to be daddy's little helper...

And Quinn got to be my little helper! I haven't worn them with this wrap since they were little and I'm really not sure how to tie it correctly but we just made something up and it worked. I need lessons if anyone knows how this works with bigger babies.


Daddy took most of the week between Christmas and New Year's off and we loved having him around! Especially at bath time because Quinn and Riley got to take them together, you need two sets of hands for this.

10 Months! Here they are with puppy! And with 2 months to go, the birthday party is officially being planned :)

For comparison here they are at 1 month...just 9 months ago. How fast they grow!

Filling out their chair :)


They got several ride on toys for Christmas, this one is a train. They don't seem all that thrilled to be squished on there together. But I think it's cute.


"This is better mom" So he's always looking so serious in pictures but I promise this child can laugh and smile. We think he's contemplating...he is very serious about his play, no one plays harder!

I tried to get him to sit down, with drums, but he wanted to stand up. He has no fear...this is a rocking chair (explains why my arms are in the picture). Isn't this the cutest outfit? Geoff went shopping for some clothes for the kids for Christmas and I got to be surprised by them. He did good!


I really can't believe this little girl is 10 months! She's come so far and just amazes me daily! Her daddy got her this outfit as well. She's adorable!

Happy girl! She smiles with her whole body!

So at 10 months Riley has finally decided that she may give this crawling a try. She still loves to roll around but she will also get up on her knees to go forward. She just makes me smile :)

Quinn and Riley,
I cannot believe that it has been just over 10 months since you first made your appearance in this world. I remember that day like it was yesterday, truly one of the happiest of my life. I look at you and see how far we have come from that day and how much you are growing. You both are the sweetest babies. You love getting hugs and comfort from your mommy, especially if you have gotten a bump.
You are into everything! Quinn you really know how to "play hard" you are focused about your play and I almost can see the wheels of discovery in your mind. Riley you love to socialize. When anyone comes over your give them your huge smile and delight in their attention. While you were in the exersaucer today your brother came over and pulled himself up and played with the toys on the exersaucer. He was intent on those toys and you were intent on him. You laughed and giggled when he would do something and I'm not even sure he knew he was the one making you laugh.
You are both having to start learning to share. There have already been some fights over some toys but you are learning to work things out. You both love playing peek a boo and yelling for more food! Hopefully we are going to learn some sign language soon (we have a DVD) so that you can ask!
Quinn, you gave me a present on Christmas Eve by saying "ma ma" as I put you to bed. It was precious and just melted my heart. Riley, you decided to stay up late with the family all there on Christmas Eve so on Christmas day you made up for it by going to bed at 4pm. We thought it was just going to be a nap but you just kept sleeping so I just woke you to nurse you and let you go right back to sleep. Your first Christmas was so much fun and your dad and I loved celebrating Christ's birth with you. We started some Christmas traditions like getting you an ornament and pj's for Christmas, and reading Twas the Night Before Christmas on Christmas Eve, and the story of Christ's birth from the Bible on Christmas Day. I'm sure there will be more to come, I love Christmas lights but since you still go to bed between 6 and 6:30pm we didn't have a chance to go look at them this year.
Quinn you are in size 3 diapers and 12 month clothes and Riley you are in size 2 diapers and some 6 month some 9 month clothes. You both have been fighting colds and runny noses and I think that currently you are both teething. That would explain some fussy days. But I will take them, fussy days and all!
I love you both more and more everyday! You are so much fun and it is a joy to be your mother! I thank the Lord daily for the blessing of you both!

Love,
Mom


I thought I would end this post with a cute story in pictures. Riley was playing and Quinn came crawling over to the exersaucer and decided that he wouldn't let his sister stop him from getting where he wanted to go. Apparently where he wanted to go was directly over her. He loves to pull up and stand at the exersaucer. He took a little seat to get his footing...


Stood up... and got the toys he wanted. Riley, however, wasn't so sure about the situation.

She's trying to get away...but there's no escape from this brother! Quinn had better watch out, she might be plotting her revenge.
2009 was an amazing year that brought us these two precious children. We can't wait to see what 2010 has to hold!

btemplates

1 comments:

Natalie and Jonathan said...

I loved reading your new posts! It sounds like you guys had a great first Christmas! I am really looking forward to looking at lights next year too!!! We can't believe they will be 1 before we know it! What a blessing it is to be raising twins together! Thanks for all the advice so far!

We love you guys!
Jonathan, Natalie, Luke and Madison